Friday, May 27, 2005

Friday PM

My eyes have sunk into my head by about an inch. I am looking out at this screen through a tunnel of exhausted, darkened flesh. I want nothing more right now than a cool breeze, a rum and coke, and some hopelessly silly humor. I'd love a long weekend of slow pace, and minor but great achievements, like the garage being half emptied. It would also be nice to go out to Drake's Beach with My Lovely Wife and The Little Buccaneer. He's never seen the ocean up close, never seen the waves break or had cold sea foam wash over his toes. He loves the water so perhaps he'll take to the beach like a gull. Who knows? Perhaps we are raising the next Laird Hamilton, but don't know it yet. Or, he could be like his old Dad was as a little kid, and get a huge rise out of running from the freezing cold water as it runs quickly up the beach. In any case, I would be happy if he just dug the sand, in all the ways you can dig something. Dig? Crazy.

"Once upon a Time,
In the Land of Ooopapadow...."

- Jazzbo Collins -

2 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

Yeah, man. He will be scared, and the cold water will make him cry, but you can hold him and laugh and tip his toes in it until he giggles and screams with glee.

Crud. Ten to fifteen years before I get to do that again.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

I can't wait. Actually, you can come to and that way you won't have to wait fifteen years. However, I get first dibs.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home