Monday, April 25, 2005

Yet More on Suppression

Go here and read and be concerned. You'll have to get past Salon's free pass, but its worth a minute or two of annoying ads. This is a very serious matter for which there can be no excuse. Once again, the Big Lie inherent in Bush's babble about the spread of democracy is exposed. Again, I wonder...how can anyone in this country go along with this? How can they get so cranked up about a badly done attempt at covering up a blow job, and not even peep about something like this? Are we that far gone? Anyway, its stunts like this that have me convinced that the second Bush presidency is as bad for this country as just about anything else we've ever experienced.

1 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

Yeah, that's pretty fucked up. As usual, I suspect an untold story. But there's little room here for the untold, especially when you factor in the other incidents. Frankly, I'm flummoxed ...

Except since I'm good at making up excuses for abuses of power that contradict the political bent of (specifically) my elders, I can speculate that they are trying to keep things efficient by preventing disruption in these polarized times ...

No, that doesn't wash at all. "Disruption" is protected speech, violence is prevented already, and the goons are very good at swiftly removing actual undesirables once revealed. So ...

I think the next level of protest should be conducted by people with pure GOP credentials, obtained under false premises if necessary (though I'd be willing to give it a try just as a personally edifying experiment), which then show how useless hence pointless these measures of interpreting bumper stickers really are.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home