Friday, May 13, 2005

Mellow, Man...

...don't harsh my mellow. Like...wowwww.

What a fine day it turned out to be. After reading with mounting, teeth grinding fury more about our devious administration, I somehow managed to lay it all aside and flow into the day. I became part of it, as it were. When swimming I imagine myself as something like an oil slick on the surface. I try to become part of the upper layer of water. It's uncanny that whenever I manage to do that, my hips rise, I rotate better, and any strain or tension disappears. In fact I speed up, which ain't saying much, but still... The world becomes a bright blue thing accompanied by a gentle bubbling sound. Now and then a human torpedo passes by soundlessly, not seeming to move at all, yet rapidly growing smaller as they move down the line.

So I tried this today in the office and it worked like a charm. Things to seemed to flow past me as I flowed past them. Somehow, before they disappeared, I completed the task. Why, oh why, can't I do this everyday? Could it be that it only works on Friday the 13th? Does it only happen with a new moon? Does it only happen at the end of the semester? Is it an ancient technique that I have actually stumbled upon, where if I develop it enough I can disappear at will?


2 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

I'm glad you had a good day. I never can. It's against Corporate policy.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

Well, I left something there last Friday because today I am stumbling along like a man on ice with no skates. I am without rhythm, and unable to crank up any thing kind of buzz for anythiing except ire. However, I promise to crank away at the disappearing thing.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home