Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Paralysis

I have sat here for one and a half hours doing almost nothing useful. I have sent two brutal emails regarding a certain event or which I have wasted an enormous amount of time in the service of my clientele, and the faculty, only to have equivocation and caprice rule the day. I won't go any further with it. I can't. I'll go stark raving mad and start singing "Le Marseillais" out my window, badly off key.

This place has sucked the motivation out of me. They have attached a vacuum cleaner to my heart and turned it on full.

Maybe I should just get in D. James Brown says he can't get down if he doesn't get in D. Funky D! Down D!

Maybe I should just disappear on some mysterious "errand" and catch up on the latest at the local magazine stand.

Maybe I should set up nine pins at one end of the hallway and organize a match for the staff.

Maybe I should just try to do something, anything, to justify a paycheck that happily just got a bit bigger. I'd really like to. I am not the bitter, hopeless bureaucrat yet. There is still a spark of fair play in there somewhere that tells me I should earn what I get. I should perhaps have a spark-ectomy. It seems to be getting the way of my cavalier time wasting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

No! You CAN'T earn your pay. Perish the thought! You live off the taxpayer!

Get some tea and let it dribble down your chin as you stand by the window watching the coeds. That'll fix you.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

I should probably get some tea, and smoke it, like a good jive cat should. THEN I can let something drible down my chin as I watch coeds.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Don said...

You get the right tea and I'm gonna come down there and let some coeds dribble down my chin.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home