Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Edge of Exhaustion

I never thought I'd say it, but the election is finally getting to me. I can't turn on the idiot box when I come home from work with any kind of anticipation. The final week of whipping up their bases has left me with a bad impression of Brahmin, and a worse impression of Fearless Leader than I already had. On one hand we have a stentorean drone, on the other a goofy babble that rarely runs in complete sentences without the teleprompter running on high revs. Like millions of others, I see moments where, if I were Brahmin, I would lay the smack down on Fearless Leader in a completely different manner. Of course, I don't have any highpriced fluffers whispering in my ear either. Still.... See? I can't even get into detail about it in writing because the sap is gone.

Come next Tuesday, I will vote and swill bourbon (a grand election day tradition) and eagerly watch the returns with either a rising sense of relief, or a sinking sense of irretrievable doom. Either way, the bourbon will save me. You bet...redemption in corn squeezin's. It worked for people like Davy Crockett and noreason it cain't work fer me, by CRACKY!

It's back to
online cricket for now.

Chin chin! Do have fun with your ... mudpies.

3 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

It's scotch what cures all ills. Saturday night I stood in a local dive, one eye on some local band warming the stage up for the Tubes, the other on the Red Sox game, scotch neat in one hand and my wife's bum in the other, and for one brief interval the world was ay oh kay.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

Oh yeah. A moment old General Flashman would heartily applaud. Scotch DOES cure all ills. In fact, I just tried a bottle of Finlaggan, a good smoky single malt from Islay. Very reasonable at Trader Joe's, i.e. half the proce of The Balvenie, which remains the favorite of the drinker but not the pocketbook.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a panama cruise site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if youhave time :-)

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home