Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Dead Behind the Eyes

Well, not really, but it feels that way. As every new parent knows, the flip side of a delightful new baby is the lack of consistent sleep. So, I walk around daily feeling like perception is ending at the back of my eyeball, never reaching my brain. there are times when I am not entirely sure how much I am processing. I long for a cup of coffee that will make a difference, or for cigarettes that don't do you any harm but still give you that kick. Ain't no such bird, and the coffee props me up about as well as a broken crutch just held together with a fraying ace bandage.

Don posted a link to what I think is a howling piece of paranoia, but I was never able to hook into it because I'm just too dull these days. Duller than usual. My wit is no longer a foil in the spring steel right hand of Basil Rathbone. It's more like a club in the hands of the cave troll from Lord of the Rings, and it frequently misses.

Well, enough whining. I am doomed to be an unorganized, grabasstic piece of amphibian shit for a while. That's just a small payment for having a beautiful baby daughter; yet another weird example of the coexistence of light and darkness. Oooo....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to get your naps in whenever you can, at least for now. I agree, that precious little person is well worth the inconvenience. If it's not too personal, is the Missus breast-feeding? That can cut make a huge difference especially at night, as far as the amount of getting up, running around, warming and cleaning bottles etc. etc...

4:40 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

Hi Anne!

Oh yeah, the Missus is indeed breast feeding. The production is prodigious. We are set with expressed milk, as well as the real thing "fresh from the tap" as they say. I think, all in all, it's just a matter of Mariko getting used to being in the world. She's so mellow it's hard to get too cranky about it.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best with the script. Blogging is a time waster - I can't be bothered much at the moment either.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home