Friday, August 18, 2006

Honoring the troops

Let's see, redeploying forces presently in Iraq in order to be more effective in fighting terrorists around the world would be dishonoring the sacrifice of our brave men and women, but slashing the budget for research into combat head trauma injuries does not, I guess. It's OK to feed them into the Anbar province funhouse, or any of the others, to get their brains shoved around by IED explosions, but research into how to help them recover from concussive brain injuries is too expensive. The $14,000,000.00 current budgeted is too much...especially when stacked against the 2 Billion (?) per month we are spending over there. Uh huh.

http://www.navytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-2044177.php

These people defy description.

4 Comments:

Blogger Roy said...

Seems to be what happens when you run a country like a corporation. It's all bottom line. We're slaves to it now, as sure as we were once freedom fighters, back when we designed our own government.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Deadman said...

I agree that such a move is reprhensible Harry. Having said that, when do certain members of our society stop whining about how much the military budget is so that we CAN allocate enough money to cover these kinds of issues?

External pressure forces both parties to run this country like a corporation. What is important is not up to the giovernm,ent so much as the taxpayers, I think, in many cases.

I would rather see my trax dollars fund help for veterans than, say, welfare moms who are capable of working, but don't. Can members of the Left honestly say the same thing?

9:08 AM  
Blogger Roy said...

Hey, Harry--what's up, anyway? Been writing, bagpiping, paper-pushing . . . what? I wrote two new songs...

4:44 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

Hi Guys,

I will be back with a more complete post. It's the first week of classes and I am rarely alone in this office. God have mercy on me! I have to put up a sign that says "Closed for processing, integration and analysis." That usually works. It's one of my wife's brilliant strokes.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home