Wednesday, April 11, 2007

IsweartaGOD!

Just when I think that the Bush Administration can't get any weirder, or more incompetent, or any more obviously beyond redemption, something like this comes up:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/10/AR2007041001776.html?hpid=topnews

I thought this is what the Secretary of Defense and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff were for. Maybe they should just hire the CEO of Blackwater, or Dynecorp. AFter all,l they have enough of their guys 'n' gals in Iraq and Afghanistan now. They can just outsource the strategy as well as the boots on the ground.

What the hell has happened to us?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely place you have here, Harry.
(I came over from Roy's blog.)
I think it says a lot that the people in the know won't touch the Scapegoat ...er... I mean War Czar job. W. will probably keep going down the list of candidates until he finds someone stupid or egotistical enough to accept the position. So sad.

10:27 AM  
Blogger alex said...

Some of the jests http://www.facebook.com to which we have listened are not new to me, though I dare say you may not have heard them often before...

1:46 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

Thanks, Anne. I wish I had time to pay more attention to it. I generally get steamrolled by my job, but this just got my goat in a major way, and I had to find time to say something. Let's all hope we make it to January 20, 2009 without the whole thing collapsing like a house of cards.

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have believed it if you hadn't linked it.

Or...

Would I have?

Scary. Just scary. No. Scary and EMBARRASSING.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Roy said...

Hi, Harry--sorry I am using your comments to contact you.
You mentioned guitar music recordings, and I do indeed have two new ones since you last may have checked. Go to degregory.com and take a listen to "wiggy and the moon" and "La Danza de los Treis Insettos Elegantes." The former is Wiggy's theme song, the latter, a song celebrating the lives of Asha's three hissing and dancing cockroaches.

-Roy

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home