Thursday, December 01, 2005

Storm's a comin'! Bettah head for the cellah!

A brief moment now to post something.

We're finally into the first good, brutal storm of the season here in the SF Bay Area. For some twisted reason I'm digging it. Of course, I don't have to walk around in it because my wife gave me a ride to work and will pick me up any minute. Still, there's something about the first real heavy blast of wind and rain that gets me rolling. I get to see if the mink oil on my Red Wing boots is still good, or do I need another coat on there? In moments of lessened rain, or no rain, I notice water dripping off foliage that is somehow much greener in the few hours since it started to rain. I'll notice on the weekend that our back lawn, which normally suffers greatly from neglect, is getting some payback and is flourishing, green and thick. I will be reminded tonight how Springheel Jack doesn't give a damn if it's blowing a gail...he MUST be walked. I won't mind. Walking the rainy, nighted streets of northeast Richmond with a canine force of nature dragging me along excites the imagination. Some of the images may survive to get posted here. Most probably won't, but I'll have seen them in my mind's eye for at least a moment. In that regard, I'll take what I can get.

To top it all off, I will need to facilitate the drying off process with a small glass of bourbon and a handful of almonds. Gotta warm up on a darrrrk, and storrrmy nicght!

1 Comments:

Blogger Harry said...

Damn tootin', Wiggy!

Unfortunately, it only translated into a beer and a few cheese puffs. Tonight, though...

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home