Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Nothing to say right now

That's right...I have nothing particular to write about. I probably should rant about our probably Secretary of State and her less than honest performance as National security advisor, but I just don't feel that particular bile rising.

The tennis courts outside my window are covered with rainwater. We have a nice moderate drizzle going now. Water, water everywhere.

I could rant about the faculty and what they don't do, but I've done that already today. I'd bore myself to death.

I looked at real estate in Eagle Rock, CA just a minute ago, and saw a 980+ sq. foot scumbox for $479,000! What? For that? Living in the SF Bay Area I shouldn't be surprised, but I can't help it. Not only that but the murder rate is more than twice the national average. Maybe that's an LA County figure. Oh well. We ain't going there yet. Maybe not at all.

I sure would like a ride to my car, but I ain't gonna get it. So its a nice stroll through the rain for yours truly. I'll soak my shoes, and the first 9 inches or so up from the cuffs of my trousers. Strange little dirt specks will appear on my trousers. Maybe they are animals that grow to life as the water hits cotton canvas. If I don't get them off my trousers they will eat their way through and into my flesh. They will burrow into me, find their way to my digestive system and grow to full maturity in my intestinal villi. During the next faculty meeting, I will be seized with an awful spasm like John Hurt in "Alien" and a shambling, miniature homunculus will pop out of me. It's bug eyes will glare at the assembled multitude, declare them to be charlatans, and go skittering out of the room, laughing insanely and yelling for its publisher.

OK, time to go home. I feel the lines slipping loose from their mooring.

2 Comments:

Blogger Harry said...

Why thanks! I was definitely becoming unhinged after a long day of craziness.

What happened to your blog? It doesn't come up when I click on the link on Hip Liz's page.

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Harry. I like the way you become unhinged with style. That might be the very definition of Genius and Creativity.

I disconnected the blog. I may start up again--if I do, I will surely let you know!

Roy

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home