Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Happy New Year, I think

Yes, it's me and we're home now from the Silences of the South, which was actually great.  Los Angeles can be a fun place as long as you just don't expect anything and just take what comes, secure in the knowledge that you don't have to live there.  I even enjoyed driving up the Glendale Freeway to Descanso Gardens in La Canada-Flintridge.  There was no one out there, it being on Sunday afternoon.  Still, I sure am glad my Doktor Perfesser Wife didn't get a job at Occidental College.

I am not sure what state I'm in.  A long drive up I-5 has a way of taking one from reality into a zone of unknowing.  I thankfully walked in through our front door not sure if I was tired, or not, hungry or not, or just plain sick.  I-5 used to be the quick alternative to 99 or 101, but NOT ANYMORE!  It's slow, then fast, then slow, then fast, then faster in a dangerous way, then suddenly slow once you get momentum going.  I fucking hate driving that road.  There's dangerously impatient drivers of large vehicles they barely understand barrel-assing up the road at 95 mph, barely missing a car with a family as they suddenly change lanes.



URRRGGHGHHHHHHHEEEEEEYYAAAAAGGHGKHKGKH!!!!!! 


Anyway, here we are, and there's no need to go anywhere near that dismal, dangerous, nerve-jangling road for a long time.  It's 101 for me the next time I go south by road.

Never mind the angry, animal noises I recreate here, or even the heavily implied desire to throttle the selfish bastards who endanger everyone else who drives out there.  I hope anyone who reads this had a lovely time over the holidays, wherever they were.   


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home