Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Okie Dokie

This picture, which originally appeared on the cover of "Songs of the Doomed," kind of represents my mood these days.

Just keeping my hand in. Thought I should post something, if only to remember my password. There's just no free time on the job anymore! Posting from home is nearly impossible, so when it gets busy here, I go dark. Not that my personal brand of "wisdom" shines any kind of light on the world.

The job has gotten much busier, and if I don't get a raise out of it I won't rest until I am in another job.

I remain afflicted/blessed with weird daydreams, and astounded at our lame and pathetic administration. Lately I have thought I've reached the point where I just shake my head and wonder why 2008 isn't here yet. Then the shrub does or says something that has me wondering and going back over how the little fart got elected in the first place. Then I get pissed off and reach for the nearest Hunter Thompson. All this happens after the little one goes under, so there's not much time to fester and boil and think "What the Fuck?"

Oh well.

One a these days, life will calm down, and I will actually post something semi-creative on here. Wiggy, I might even put a picture of my legs as you requested. Only for you . . . and Hip but he wouldn't admit it. ;-)




6 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

Would too. Ye hiv aye bonnie shanks, lad, fer a' that the knees are oot.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Don said...

Believe it or not, my faith is finally being shaken. Never mind all the domestic idiocy -- "protecting" marriage, "intelligent" design. I'm afraid those peope are going to hash up the Iran thing but good. Iran will go nuke. It's time we accepted that and entered into partnership with them. They are the key to the Middle East. We'll only fuck it up if we get belligerent over their nuclear programs. It's time to strike some serious deals.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

Why, thank'ee.

As for your faith being shaken, I'm not too surprised. Thinking people at some point would reach a conclusion that things are not being well-managed. Even if I agreed with this war, I couldn't possibly give them any credit for doing it right. The Bro' doesn;t either, and I think he felt the reasons for it to be sound.

If it were me, I would've kpet Iraq under surveillance, and if I were to be spending any energy going after anyone other than the Taliban, it would've been Iran. I've always thought that Iran and its mullahs were far more dangerous than Sasddam. Too late now. We don't have the men nor materiel to pull that one off.

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you, Harry! I was hoping that you were busy with Daring Dayton or even the admin at Bezerkeley, not that you, Harry the Troubadour, had been dragged off by the MIC (or the IMC?) - 'cause ya know (everybody sing!):

"Feel like I'm livin' under some kind of hex
Livin' in here in this industrial military complex
Doesn't really help when I read Time magazine
Cause they only distort the scene
The sky is so hazy I can't even see the sun
Livin' here is like livin' under a gun..."

Ooh, I'm bad. But I am old(er) and patient and can wait to see those gams o' yo's ;-)

8:35 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

Hello Harry!

Well, I never had "faith" in Bush, just thought he was a better bet for my kids' survival than Kerry ("security mom" here, yep). The Iraq attack was/is a mess--shoulda just bombed, my view, for refusing the inspections and not put our soldiers in the streets. I do give Prez Bush credit for the fact that there has not been another organized terror attack in the U.S. since 9/11, while I continue to despise his social agenda.

Now, where are the legs???

3:51 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

Ahhh, the legs. Yeah, Paula, lemme get back to you on that....

;-)

As for GDubya, it's clear to me now, more than ever, that he simply doesn't pack the gear to be president. He never did.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home